Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

I have been so bad at posting lately! It seems like life keeps us so busy. Chris recently took a job in Arizona. He had to go through a 3 month training/testing program before we found out if he got the job or not so I stayed in Montana. Its been hard to be apart for so long but we are getting ready to move in a couple months. I have been busy working and taking care of Austin.

Austin started going to daycare 4 days a week when Chris left for Arizona. I was nervous about it but it has been so great for him to interact with the other kids. Lynette (she owns the daycare and I went to high school with her) is so great with him. He always tells me about "nanette, hunter, and logan". It has been really nice for me to work during the day instead of trying to work at night after he goes to bed and then wake up when he wakes up.

We have been trying to potty train and have made some decent progress. Yea!!! The other day I Austin followed me into the bathroom and after I was done and had flushed he started clapping his hands and said "Good job Mommy! Good job!" Nothing like a little positive reinforcement!

I so far behind on posting pictures! I made a calendar for all of Austin's grandmas for Christmas that kind of sums up the year so I thought it would be fun to post the pages. Hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year!

January: New Years Eve Party 12/31/08

February: West Yellowstone Trip Feb 2009

March: Hogle Zoo Spring 2009

April: Dying Easter Eggs Spring 2009

May: Visiting with Uncle Gordon May 2009

June: Mowing the Lawn with Grandpa Summer 2009

July: 4th of July Party 2009

August: Fishing with Daddy August 2009

September: Riding the Combine and Hauling Grain September 2009

October: Little Frankenstein Halloween 2009

November: Playing in the leaves Fall 2009

December: Sitting on Santa's Lap December 2009

2 comments:

The Lovells said...

Shelly, its so great to see your blog. Looking at your pictures it looks like a great 2009 for you guys. Also, congrats on the your potty skills:) Where in AZ are you moving to? My wife is from AZ in the white mountains area.

The Lanes said...

Hey Joe- My husband got a job in Page, AZ right on Lake Powell. We are actually going to move to St. George. Chris will work 4/10s so he will stay in Page Mon, Tues, Wed, and then be home Thursday night.